Let's get the really important stuff out of the way first. August is almost here! July has flown by. BWI of Atlanta is having its usual three meetings in August, and hopefully soon will be adding a fourth in Gwinnett County.
Our regular Saturday meeting will be August 10th from 10 - 12 at The Solarium in Decatur. Why not August 3rd? Because on August 3rd BWI of Atlanta is making a special appearance at The Big Latch-On! Babywearing and breastfeeding go together quite well so we'll be representing ourselves at that event.
Our regular Friday meeting will be August 9th from 11 - 1 at Harry's Whole Foods in Marietta.
Our regular Monday meeting will be
Onto the results! Our members came through and the drive was a huge, and I mean HUGE success. We gained over 50 new members and more members are still joining. We've been putting that money to good use. We were able to get the following:
- BWI of Atlanta membership cards for all members
- BWI of Atlanta static cling decals for all members joining or renewing during the drive
- 2 keep calm and wear your baby t-shirts
- A $25 gift voucher to Comfy Joery
- A $50 gift voucher to wovenwraps.com
- Sleeping Baby Productions ring sling
- Kalea Baby ring sling
- Standard/standard Kinderpack with kool knit
- Chimparoo mei tai
- Babyhawk Oh Mei! half-buckle mei tai
- Didymos Jack size 6
- Lenny Lamb bamboo rainbow size 6
- Didymos bleu nino size 4
- Natibaby hemp blue/green clovers size 6
- Infantino wrap and tie
- Vatanai Koira 4.5m
- Vatanai Orkney 4.5m
- Vatanai Glaciar 3m
- Wrapsody Bali Stretch Alyssa
I am blown away by how many members joined us and how we have been able to expand the library. Checkouts are at an all-time high and people are spreading the word about Babywearing International of Atlanta. All thanks to our members!
There are more things to talk about, like the wrap workshop and the upcoming carrier-specific members-only workshops, but I think this blog post is long enough and I will leave the rest for later. See you at the meeting!