Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pictures from the Tuesday meeting

Nature was kind enough not to rain on our whole meeting today so I was able to get some pictures!  Unfortunately, as the meeting drew to a close the skies opened up and spewed forth a deluge of water, so those of us left got to hang out for an extra half an hour.  It turned out just fine, as babies were sleeping in carriers all around, and the toddlers at the meeting jumped in puddles and got themselves soaking wet.

We had a nice mix of journeyman babywearers, adept babywearers, and master babywearers today (if I may borrow some terms from high fantasy literature and/or the occult).  I had a great time helping people out and getting some help, myself!  Even though I'm officially a volunteer babywearing educator and have passed the exams, that doesn't mean I have experience with everything, and today it was a Beco Butterfly II that stumped me.

Anyway, here are the pictures!


Katy is already a pro at using SSCs, but today she came for some help with ring slings.


Here's Kate, one of our co-leaders, demonstrating a carry with a newborn in a Galaxy Grey Ergo.


That dratted Beco Butterfly II!  Mother and baby - especially baby - look pretty comfortable, though.


And here's another front carry, this time with the Ergo Sport that lives in our lending library.  This baby has some motor developmental delays and it's so lovely to be able to carry her in safety and comfort.

I'm looking forward to our next Tuesday meeting!  I'm usually not at the Saturday ones, sadly.  We also may be changing our Tuesday meeting place.  Again, check Facebook to stay updated.